Tuesday, September 11, 2012

 

Today is my birthday...So what?

I turned 61 today.  And no, I don't feel any older.  No, it doesn't bother me.  And yes, to me it is just another number.  And if I knew this was the last birthday I would ever celebrate on this earth I would not do much of anything different.  But I do think I will tell you why I have had a happy birthday.

Joe Don and his family came in last weekend to celebrate.  JD gave me an awesome dove tree (you have to bird hunt to even have a clue what this is).  Went hunting with me even tho we knew there weren't going to be many birds.  Best part was getting to hang out with him.  Great b'day present.

Andrew and Anna both called to wish me happy birthday.  Loved it.  Austin chewed on the phone but I am sure his heart was in it.

Jake and Avery are giving me a party Friday night.  Part of the fun is I get to take them to the Wylie football game.

All my kids called, or texted,  to wish me happy birthday.

Mimi made chocolate pie.

I ran early this morning.

Mimi and I read the Story and prayed together.

Herald of Truth staff had a party for me.

About 200 friends called, texted, Facebooked, or emailed me.

So what makes me happy today?  God stuff, family stuff, friend stuff.  I think that about says it all.

Thanks God for all my blessings.  Way more than I deserve.  Help me use this year of life to bring you glory and tell others your story.

  

Comments:
Just keep having birthdays and keep being older than me and I will keep trying to stay behind you till we stand before the King of Glory.

Happy Birthday.

Phil
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?