Monday, October 29, 2012

 

My trip to El Salvador

Here are some of the things that touched my heart while preaching in El Salvador last week.

Around 30 different congregations participating in a project to tell their country about Jesus.  Every church did not do everything, but all of these did something together.

I love packed buildings with 20 - 25 % of the crowd being visitors.

The church I was preaching at was in a neighborhood where the water was shut off.  We had a man who wanted to give his life to Jesus.  The whole church walked six blocks to an auto body repair shop.  He was baptized in the concrete tank where they test radiators for leaks.

Hearing them pray for the Sunday combined worship.  Knowing they expected a crowd of over 500.  Seeing over 750 show up.

Watching 45 or so people ask for additional conversation about Jesus.

Traveling with Tim Archer.  We work together at Herald of Truth.  The man is a powerful servant of God.

Working with Julio, Alexander, Jorge, and many other great men of faith.

Fellowship meals with the young people.

Knowing my grandkids were praying every night for Pops to help people know Jesus.

Eating pupusas.  All I know is that they are some kind of fried tortilla stuffed with cheese, beans, and meat.

Hearing my translator Julio pray that God would help him communicate Jesus.  

Getting stung by a bee in the middle of a youth meeting.  I survived.  The bee did not.  What touched me was  how concerned the young people were.  Of course, I kept hearing the words "old man".  Evidently there was some concern that old people might not handle stings well.  But, hey, they cared.

Finally, I was reminded that people everywhere need Jesus.  And that Christians everywhere are more alike than different.

And I now know more of my family that happens to live in El Salvador.

Go God.

Comments:
Thanks brother Steve, for letting us be part of this great project called "The Herald of Truth", which has impacted many lives over many countries in our Latin America.
Perhaps 10% of the church in El Salvador, participated in this evangelizing activity, imagine what it would miss if at least 95% of Christians in El Salvador had participated?. It would have been wonderful, but there is no doubt that our heavenly father received honor and glory for all that was done to his kingdom. Thank you for allowing us this blessing will expand the Kingdom of Christ in my beloved country, El Salvador.
We love you in Christ.

Your brother in Christ,

Jorge A. Navidad
 
Man i want to go sometime and be a part of that!!!! peace
philip
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?