Tuesday, December 18, 2012

 

So what am I going to do about it?


Yesterday I shared some of what I was feeling after the horror of last Friday in Newtown.  But I am still struck by the need to do something.  So here are some things I am going to do.

Make sure that there is a kingdom presence in my corner of the world.  I will be a place of refuge from evil.  My home will be a safe haven.  My family will be those you can count on to help in time of need.  Prayer warrior, accountability partner, spiritual counselor, or someone to walk with during the hard times.

I will protect my faith zealously.  No holier-than-thou here.  Those of you that know me know that.  Boy has that ship sailed.  But I will fight to prevent Satan from gaining even a toehold in my life.  No victories for him.

I will talk about Jesus fanatically.  Even more than I do now?  Yes.

But what if everyone is not ready to hear it?  I am not sure I am smart enough to know when the time is right.  And if God's Holy Spirit puts me in someone's life, I have to assume it is to tell them about Jesus.

What if it offends them?  Better than my politics or my sports opinions offending them.

What if they don't want to hear my Jesus stories?  Or don't listen?  Or don't believe?  I cannot control the response, but if I really believe Jesus is the only answer to the evil in this world I cannot keep it to myself.

I will intentionally build bridges in my community of faith.  Hard times are coming.  I want them to know I am there with them.  And that they will be there when I need them.

I will live as if I am dead.  And I am... died with Jesus when I was baptized.  Going to live every day like it.

I will consciously surrender my spouse, parents, kids, and grandkids to the will of God.  I will pray for their protection, but I will encourage them to live courageous, bold lives for God.  And I will live in confidence that whatever happens in this life, we will all be together again someday.  Forever.

I will not let Satan make me afraid.  Or make my family afraid.  Or make my church afraid.  It is a war and we are going to battle for the King of Kings.

Come Lord Jesus... and until you do, this is how I commit to live.

And yes, I have been trying to do this for a long time.  But sometimes I need the reminder.

Finally, words to live by...

Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

Comments:
I will remind those that believe that all this happened when "we removed God from schools" that it really began when we removed God from our homes. If we have God in homes, we don't have to worry about God in schools or anywhere else in public areas.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?