Tuesday, January 08, 2013

 

Happy birthday Jake...

Tomorrow my Grandson Jake, Julie's boy,  turns 7.  It's true there is something special about being the maternal grandfather.  Not sure why but it is a special relationship.  So, as is my tradition, are the reasons I love Jake.

He loves hanging out with Pops.  He enjoys getting to come over, going to the zoo, fishing, and going to ballgames.  He calls me to tell me things.  He loves to take me on long exploring walks in the woods.

He is 100% all boy.  He loves the outdoors.  He likes to take things apart and fix them.  And he is pretty good at it.  Loves baseball.  Already has a better arm than I ever did.

He is protective of his sister.  I pity the guy who does not treat Avery with respect.  In many ways she is his best friend.

He loves his cousins.  He and Anna are good friends and he thinks one of his jobs is to teach Andrew and Austin how to be big boys.  He prays for them every day.

He is a genuinely nice guy.  He treats everyone well.  He will not let anyone be bullied.  He is friendly to everyone and seems to know everybody.

He likes church. He enjoys going around with me and greeting people.  He will sometimes go off on his own to say hi to someone or to meet someone.

Loves to sing praise songs.

Loves God and Jesus.

So Jake,  I believe that when you are 17, or 27, or even 77... this will still describe the person you will be.  And you will do amazing things for God in this world.

I love you.  So happy God gave you to us.  You are a special blessing and Pops loves you so much.  

 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?