Wednesday, January 02, 2013

 

My Resolutions for me, my family, and my church...

I have only three resolutions for this year.  Pretty much the same as last year, but just want to be more intense and intentional about them.  Here are my three personal resolutions.

Be more like Jesus.  do what he would do.  Don't do what he wouldn't do.  Treat people the way he would.

Talk to everybody about Jesus.  I want to spend my time talking about God and his son.  I want to talk about him to my friends and neighbors that don't know him.  I want to preach about him more.  I want people to see me coming and say "here comes more Jesus talk".

Give God the glory.  I want to be sure and give God credit for everything good in my life this year.  I want to make sure I am not ever trying for co-billing with God and Jesus as the star of my life.  And not just personally give him the glory, but publicly proclaim the credit.

Now here are the resolutions for my parents, wife, kids, and grandkids.  See above.  I would be thrilled if this is what my family does this year. And they will.  I know because they do.

Here are the resolutions for my church.  See above.  If every member of my church committed to these resolutions, we could change Abilene.  We could change this country.  We could even change the world.

Maybe we will.

So every day I am going to wake up and commit to these three actions for each day:  Be like Jesus, talk about him, give God the glory.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?