Thursday, February 14, 2013

 

How old people celebrate Valentine's...

Everywhere I look, people are blogging, Facebooking, tweeting, etc. about Valentine's Day.  What they are doing for their special meal,  special gift, etc.

Well, we had a great Valentine's Day too.  Here is how Marsha made it special for us.

Remember we are around 60 years old, been married right at 40 years, and I'm a preach/elder and she is a retired school teacher.

Marsha really thinks we ought to eat healthy, so you understand why our meal was so special.  Last night she fixed roast, mashed potatoes, rolls, and gravy.  Nice.  Oh, it wasn't for me.  It was for a family whose Mom had just gotten out of the hospital.  But because it was Valentines, she saved some out for me.  Happy boy.

This morning:  "Happy Valentines.  Get your butt out of bed.  Time for the gym."  I thought we should skip because it was Valentines.  She made me go anyway because she doesn't want me to stroke out or have a heart attack.  Because she loves me and thinks we have important things to do together still.

She goes to our kids house to help out our daughter's family.  Julie had to have one last test today at the hospital (it went well) so Mimi took care of the grandkids while Bobby got Julie to the hospital.  Then we sat in the waiting room for an hour or so.  Holding hands.  Thanked God when tests on Julie were good.

So we decided to go on our Valentine date.  At 10:00 in the morning.  AM Doughnuts.  Jalapeno Cheese Sausage Kolache for me with an Apple Fritter Chaser.  And she gave me half of her Cinnamon Roll.  Then told me we have to go to the gym again in the morning.

Then I went to work and she was off to Grandkid's school parties.  Brought me a Diet Coke afterward.

Oh yeah, we wore Valentine outfits too.  Her socks today had hearts on them.  So did my tie.

You are thinking that's not much of a Valentine Day.  But it really is.  Its how you celebrate over 40 of them together.

You do the little things for each other.  You take care of each other.  You do for others.  You take care of the family God blessed you with.  You hold hands and say "I love you".  Lots.  You pray in hospitals.

You are OK that now you are the "aren't they cute?" old couple.

And you write blogs when you realize that you would take 40 more years just like this one.  Love, prayer, holding hands.

And you thank God.



       

Comments:
Exactly! Love you both!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?