Tuesday, March 26, 2013

 

Julie and Bobby

I was in Cuba when they celebrated their anniversary, but congrats to Julie and Bobby Gilbreth for their eight year anniversary.  I know some people wonder why I make a big deal about family birthdays and anniversaries, so let me remind you why I do it.

One is to celebrate God's goodness and give him the glory.  Our lives and our marriages are gifts from him so it is important to recognize them.  And I hope our family stories will inspire you in some way.

I appreciate Julie and Bobby this year because their eighth year was very difficult.  Julie has had one health struggle after another.  I know Bobby has had to carry more than his share of parent duties this year.  And of course, health issues bring money pressures.  And emotional struggles.  It has just not been the year they envisioned.

But I like their attitude this anniversary.  They are counting it as a time to start over on a new year together.  I like that.  In fact, I like it so much that Marsha and I are going to adopt it as one of our themes from now on.  An anniversary that opens the door to new opportunities, new choices, new adventures.

Maybe there will  be more health challenges.  Or kid challenges.  Or economic challenges.  But it is a new year.  More love.  More faith.  More growth.

I like it.

So Jules and Bob -- God has done amazing things in your life and in your marriage.  This year will be even better.  Thanks for inspiring me to be excited new beginnings in old marriages.  Pops and Mimi's starts in just a couple of months.

Excited to see what God will do this year.  Love you.  And thanks for giving us Jake and Avery.  What a joy.

Oh yeah... for those counting this makes 190 years of marriage among our five families.

And every one of them a tribute to God and his goodness.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?