Tuesday, April 02, 2013

 

68 years for Granny and Grandpa...

Yes, March is a big month for anniversaries in our family.  My folks, Julie and Bobby, and Marsha's parents.  Sunday, March 24, was Don and Jean Herttenberger's 68th wedding anniversary.  Wow.  I love them just like they are my own parents.  And in a way, they are.  Here are the reasons I love Granny and Grandpa.

Grandpa converted Granny.  I love that.  He didn't just live his faith.  He shared it.

They have been involved in church all their life.  Still are.  They worship with God's family every week.

They are such a great example of love and faith for my kids... and even my grandkids.

They only have two goals in life.  Glorify God.  Take care of each other.

I love hearing them say they will pray about things.  They remind me they have lots of time to do that.

They love their family.  They love their kids, their grandkids, and their great-grandkids.  They love their extended family.  Being in the Herttenberger family if a big deal.  They love their church family.

Trusting God is not a slogan for them.  It is a lifestyle.

They look forward to heaven.

They gave me Marsha.  Obviously she is way more than I deserve, but what a great package deal.  I got another set of parents to mold me and to love me.  And they have.  And do.

They bless the lives of everyone they touch.

Especially mine.

68 years and counting (and this makes 191 for the five couples in our family).  They lead the way and show how it is done.

Love God and love each other.  In that order.

Thank you God for a living witness and testiment to your faithfulness.

Marsha and I want to be them when we grow up.

Comments:
Happy, happy anniversary to two of the most precious people I know! Missing you all!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?