Tuesday, April 09, 2013

 

Happy birthday to Marsha...

Well, it was really last Saturday but we were too busy celebrating to post.  Here are some of the reasons I love her.

These days she is better known as Mimi.  She is awesome with the grandkids.  She cooks for them, studies with them, cheers for them, babysits them, watches movies with them, reads with them, prays with them, and plays with them.  It is awesome to see.

I love that she isn't bothered by people finding out she's 60.  That's right ... I told her age.  She doesn't act it or look it, but I love the fact that she is so secure in who she is that she doesn't whine about it.

She is a fantastic daughter.  She calls my Mom lots.  She helps research things about Alzheimer's to help my Mom deal with my Dad. She goes to see them.  She carries her parents to all the Dr. appointments.  She shops for them.  She visits with them.  She takes care of them.

Great elder's wife.  Loves people.  Prays for them.  Hosts couples in our home two or three nights a week.  Cooks for lots of people.  Lots of wedding and baby showers.  Keeps up with everyone.  Has washed literally hundreds of baptism outfits and towels.

Amazing traveling preacher's wife.  I know some people at church must think she is a widow because I am gone so much.  She takes care of everything while I am gone and never lets me think it is a burden on her.  She packs for me, prays for me, and blesses my ministry.

And she is my wife.  God did an amazing thing for me when he connected us.  She loves God more than me, but she loves me.  She loves her family.  She loves her church.  She loves the lost.

So she is a great role model.  Lots of younger women at church admire her.  They learn from her.

Oh yeah... she still cooks dove, fish and deer, and will go up to the farm and hang out with me.

So God, not only do I thank you for Mimi... but I speak for so many others who love her and appreciate her. You did a good work when you made her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?