Tuesday, July 23, 2013

 

Avery Grace is 6...

Avery Gilbreth turned 6 last week and I would have written her tribute sooner but we were in the middle of Cousin Camp.  Love those grands, but reminded that parenting is for the young.

I love Avery.  She lights up our lives with her smile, her sassiness, her laugh, and her love.  It amazes me when I see her being shy in public settings because in small groups where she knows everyone she is a riot.

She is a very determined girl.  There is not anything she thinks she cannot do.  She is smart, athletic, and has personality plus when you get to know her.

She loves her family.  I pity the girl who ever hurts her brother Jake.  Avery loves her Mommy and her Mimi.  Her cousins are some of her best friends.  

She is independent enough that she does not have to follow the crowd.  She is happy to play by herself, or with a group. She is not afraid to say she doesn't want to do something. I like this trait because it will serve her well when the teenage peer pressure days arrive.

She picks good friends.  I hope she always does.

Avery loves Jesus.  She has sweet prayers.  She memorizes her Bible verses.

She is nice to everyone.  She treats everyone well.

You can see the makings of a strong Christian woman, a good wife and mother.

She is one of the very few people that every time I see her, my heart is happy.  She really does bring a smile to my face... and to my heart.

So God... thanks for Avery Grace.  You gave us an amazing gift of joy and love.  Do mighty and wonderful things for your kingdom thru her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?