Wednesday, December 11, 2013

 

Happy birthday to my Mom

My Mom turned 83 a couple of weeks ago.  I know you are not supposed to tell a woman's age but that's pretty impressive.  More impressive are the reasons I am so proud of her and why I love her so much.

She has been faithful to Jesus and to her church community as long as I can remember.  She has read her Bible, prayed, served, taught, and encouraged others for all of her life.

She has always supported me, encouraged me, loved me, and believed in me.  Probably even during some times when others were ready to give up.  I am sure some of that is because I am her baby... but a lot of that is because she believes in the power of grace, love, and redemption.

She is very interested in my ministry.  She wants to know about our projects at Herald of Truth and Hope for Life.  She asks about people I am studying with and about people at Southern Hills that she knows.

She really keeps up with her five grandkids and her six great-grandkids.  She prays for them and encourages them.

But I think at this time I am most proud of her for the way she is faithfully caring for my Dad.  Most days he cannot carry on a conversation.  He requires a great deal of care.  It is physically and emotionally exhausting for my Mom.

And she gets up every day and takes care of him.  Because she loves him.  Because it is what she committed to do over sixty five years ago.  Because it is what Jesus would do.

My Mom is smart, committed, and faithful.

So Mom ... thanks for showing your family -- and your church family -- what love really is.

Proud of you and love you.

Comments:
The best mamma as we'll.....and she is faithful in her prayers for all of us. I love her so and have such fun memories with mamma and Pappa!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?