Thursday, December 26, 2013

 

My New/Old/Same as always resolution...

I started several years ago making the same resolution every year.  I stole it from the Apostle Paul.  And actually I try to make it my every New Day resolution.

I want to know Christ.

That's it.  I want to know Jesus better.  The better I know him... the more I can be like him.

But this year I have been reading what comes next in Philippians 3.

I want to know the power of his resurrection.  I want to live the powerful life of a dead man who is alive.  Dead to my sin and alive to Jesus.  Not Steve, but Jesus.

I want to share in his suffering.  So I will not be shocked -- or even surprised -- when I face persecution.  I should expect it.

I want to become like him in his death.  He gave up heaven to find lost people.  To find me.  I want that to be my driving passion again this year.  And I want to be so like him in his death that I realize even more that this world is not my home.

To attain the resurrection of the dead.  Maybe it will be this year.  Maybe tomorrow.  Or maybe in 30 years.  But to live every day with the awareness that someday soon I will die... and then be raised to live forever.

Dead man walking.  Walking in new life.

I started that journey over 40 years ago when I was baptized into his death and raised to a new life.

I am resolved to finish that journey.

I am resolved to finish strong.

For whatever God plans for me this year.

And if He wills, I will make this resolution each and every year until I am home forever.  Alive forever.

I want to know Christ.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?