Tuesday, February 25, 2014

 

Seeing what matters...

I needed to see glimpses of what matters this week.  It was a week that would have been easy to lose sight of what real Kingdom life is about.  But I saw things that helped me focus.  Here they are.

I got to take my granddaughter Avery to the church Red Carpet date night.  Her Dad is President of their Little League and he was tied up so Pops got to sub in.  I saw a lot of Daddy's and their little girls (and I wasn't even the only Granddad).  There was intentional effort to make those girls feel special and feel loved.  Lots of our church family put in a lot of work to make it happen.  That time was special.

Joe Don and his family came in to see Marsha's Mom in the hospital.  Loved hearing about their sports.  Anna scoring 14 points in her Basketball game and Andrew leading off his baseball season with a home run.  (Yes this was blatant bragging but I am a Pops so what do you expect).  But that was not the glimpse of what matters.  It was hearing my grandkids pray for Granny -- even little Austin.  It was listening to Joe Don pray over her.  It was seeing Granny's eyes and knowing she saw faith two and three generations behind her.  It matters.

I watched good friends bury their Mom.  I heard them talk about seeing her again.

I met with a brother who is battling his sin demons.  Right now he is winning.  Even more, he is sharing his faith with courage in hard places with people who don't know Jesus.

In a week that would have been easy to get bogged down in church politics and in a week it would have easy to quit...

I saw Jesus in a party, a hospital, a graveside, and in my office.

I needed to remember what matters.  I needed to see real church.

And I did.

Thanks God.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?