Friday, February 21, 2014

 

Why the Texas Rangers don't listen to me... and I that's probably a good thing

I have been a Texas Ranger fan since they came to DFW.  I suffered thru all the horrible, bad seasons and so have loved the past few seasons when they are winning and in contention for the World Series every year.
As a fan, I have strong opinions.  I cannot fathom the things they do sometimes.  And sometimes I think they are the smartest baseball people ever.

I thought Ron Washington would not be a good manager.  Oops.

I thought they should have let Josh Hamilton sign elsewhere.  I think I was right.  Though I have to admit I liked his outspoken faith.

And by the way, loved Dave Murphy having praise music played before his at bats.  So happy when he got to play regularly.  Good guy who just needed an opportunity.  Hit over .300 year before last.  I thought they should lock him up with an extension.  Until he hit barely over .200 last year.  Oops.

And how in the world could they not figure out a way to work with Nolan.  Texas legend.  Did he really have to go?  Evidently.

Wasn't too sure about Adrian Beltre signing.  Oops.

Loved the Joe Nathan signing.  Got that one right.

And think they should have let him walk.  We'll see if I'm right on that one.

It's fun being a fan.  Love the Rangers.

I think I know baseball.  I even delude myself into thinking I know what they should and shouldn't do.
 
It makes it lots of fun.  And I would be a disaster.

Because I think they know a lot of things I don't know.  They have a pretty good track record.
 
So I'll keep rooting for the Rangers.  Avidly.  And I'll let Jon Daniels keep running the team. He seems pretty good at it.

He can do his job and build the team.  Ron can manage it.  And the players will come thru.

And I'll do my job.  Cheer, groan some, hang out with Grandpa and watch them.  Take in a game or two with the grands.

Spring training is here.  I am happy.

This is the year.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?