Tuesday, May 20, 2014

 

How you stay married for 41 years...

Yep.  It was 41 years ago yesterday.  And here is how you stay married that long.

Choose well.  I picked a keeper.  Marsha is a stay-er.  She didn't have to, but she did.  Life is hard.  Sickness, sin, money, people, culture, kids ... you know how it is.  You want to go thru life with someone who has staying power.  She does.

Make Jesus the center of your marriage.  We would not have made it if it was not for the fact that we believed so strongly in Jesus.  More than we loved each other, we loved -- and still love -- Jesus.

Marriage is permanent.  Divorce was never an option.  Murder... maybe.  But not divorce.  Just kidding about the murder... sorta.  It is not popular in culture, or even sometimes in church, but we just believed in marriage.

Love each other.  It really gets better every year.  You love more.  You are thankful.  You value each other more.

Laugh lots.  We have always had fun.  Still would rather hang out together than do anything else.

Keep Christian friends around you.  We have been blessed to be surrounded by friends who love Jesus.  It helps.

Stay in church.  We have always been in a community of faith.  Often places I preached.  But sometimes just as active members.

Count your blessings.  We look at our kids and our grandkids and thank God every day for how blessed we are.

So thanks Honey, Marsha, Mimi.  You have made all the difference in my life.  Never gave up on me.  Still laugh at my jokes.  Still listen to me preach.  Still love me.

I am blessed.  I love you and there is not a day goes by that I do not thank God for you.

Comments:
What a great pic-thanks for sharing and much happiness to you both, always.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?