Tuesday, May 13, 2014

 

I love "church" Moms

Mother's Day was great.  Celebrated all the mothers in our family.  But I thought lots about the "church" mothers among us.  Your congregation has them too.  Just like we do at Southern Hills.  Here are three of ours that I am going to thank for mothering our church in Godly ways.  I hope you will be reminded of some you need to thank.

Phyllis -- she was the church secretary for more years than I can remember.  But calling her the church secretary is a misnomer.  She should have been called church Mom.  For a long time as an elderI would have  people  ask if I could help someone ... and I could not place who they were.  Two phone calls always solved it.  First I would try my wife, and if Marsha did not know, she would say call Phyllis.  And I did.  I would describe them, or give the name, and she would give a complete history:  who was in the family, how long they had been at Southern Hills, and a ton of important elder stuff I needed to know.  I don't know how she knew so much, or how she remembered it, but she did.  Really knew our church.  Still does even tho she retired a few months ago.  Really loved our church.  Still does.

Sug -- every church needs a encourager, supporter, hugger, and cheerleader like Sug.  If you have not been hugged recently by Sug -- well, you obviously haven't been coming to church enough.  She has inspired, equipped, and prayed for so many of our ministries.  Best thing happening at Southern Hills is the dozens of Sug wannabes running around.

Rene -- she is single and doesn't have any kids.  Well, unless you count the dozens of babies she has cared for as a foster Mom.  She has loved, prayed over, and taken care of so many babies between their birth and their adoption.

The one thing all three of these have in common is that they love God and love their church.  And they show it.

We celebrated a lot of Moms last Sunday.  You did too.  Don't forget Moms like these three.  They make a difference.

So God thanks for Moms like Phyllis, Sug, and Rene.  They have blessed us.  Bless them and give us more Moms like them.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?