Tuesday, June 10, 2014

 

And now it's Bobby's birthday...

So last Saturday was Bobby Gilbreth's birthday.  Bobby is married to our daughter Julie.  And is my custom, here are some reasons why I love Bobby.

He prays with Jake and Avery every morning when he drops them off at school.

He had a Bible verse embroidered on the caps of Jake's baseball team that he coaches.

He he unfailingly patient, encouraging, and gentle with every player on the team.

He treats every kid the same, just like he treats Jake.  Tho if you know him well, he may get a little more excited when Jake gets a hold of one.

He is President of their Little League this year.  It really is a position of service for him, not one of power.

I have heard some harsh things said around the ball field.  When I ask him about it, he never speaks ill of the person.  He instead points out some good quality -- even if the only one he can think of is that at least they came to support their kid.

He really does remember it is about the kids.

I got to pray over Bobby on his birthday.  Our whole family was down at the lake for some time together and we all prayed for him. So just like last Saturday... I thank God for Bobby.  I pray that God will bless him as he grows in his faith.  I pray that he will lead his family in paths of righteousness.  I pray he, Julie, Jake, and Avery continue being blessed.  I pray that God uses Bobby in ways that we haven't even thought of yet.

So Bobby... here's to another year of Jesus, family, baseball, and fun.

I love you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?