Tuesday, July 08, 2014

 

Joe Don and Jamie

Joe Don and Jamie Ridgell have been married 14 years as of July 1.  Here are the reasons I love them -- not just as individuals, but as a couple.

They have a great marriage because they work hard at it.  So many couples take their marriage -- and each other -- for granted.  JD and Jamie don't.  They still date.  They make time to be together.  They work at communicating.

They are great parents.  Not just because Jamie teaches home school.  Not just because they are so supportive of their athletic endeavors.  But because they are passing on their faith.  Theirs will be a house all the kids will want to come and hang out.

They are great friends.  I don't mean just with each other but with so many other couples.  I am amazed how many people I run into who talk about how special my kids are.

They are great family members.  I mean the extended family.  The fun Aunt and Uncle.  Help with grandparents.  Pray.  Love.

They are the young family every church wishes they had more of.  They teach class, they give, they evangelize, they give spiritual counsel, they lead groups.  You can count on them.

They fit together.  They compliment each other so well.  They are better together than they are apart.

They are not perfect.  And I'm glad.  I know their struggles and their weaknesses.  If they were perfect, I would worry about what they are hiding.

So God did a good thing when he put them together.  The Kingdom is stronger of earth because of it.

I love them and am so proud of them.

Thanks God for Joe Don and Jamie.  Give them many more years together to be your people on this earth.



Comments:
Just noticed this -- all I can add is Amen and Amen!
 
Thanks Andy. And thanks for you and your family's influence on them. They love their California family. Blessings, steve
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?