Thursday, July 03, 2014

 

Joe Don's birthday ... why I'm proud of him

My son Joe Don had a birthday last week... so as is my custom, here are just a few reasons I love him and am proud of him.

He loves God.  He has as long as I can remember.  He talks about God and he tries to live in a way that honors God.

He loves his family.  Devoted to Jamie.  Great Dad.  I love that his kids race to the door to greet him when he comes home.  I love that he intentionally makes time to spend with each one of them.

He is focused on leading his family in faith.  They are generous givers.  They constantly open their home for fellowship and study.  They pray together.  They share their faith in their neighborhood.

He is a great brother and uncle.  That is a special gift.  I love that his nieces and nephews think he is a crazy, fun uncle who loves them deeply.

At my Dad's funeral Joe Don spoke.  He honored his Pap-pa and he honored his God.  It made me so happy to see living proof that faith is being handed down thru the Ridgell generations.

He still makes time for his Mom and Dad.  Love that he still enjoys hanging out with me.  Hunting, fishing, ballgames.  Even more amazed that he still comes to hear me teach and/or preach whenever he can.

I love how many times someone tells me what a difference JD has made in their life spiritually.  He has a shepherd's heart and will be a great elder someday.

Son, husband, Dad, grandson, teacher, friend. lawyer, spiritual guide.

But most of all -- follower of Jesus.

I love you and am proud of you.  I thank God every day that I get to be your Dad.

 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?