Thursday, August 07, 2014

 

I love Anna Claire Ridgell... and she is 9

Anna Claire Ridgell is our first grandchild and she turned 9 last Sunday.  Here are just a few of the reasons why I love her so much.

She is generous with what she has.  She gives money away, she wants to help people that don't have much, and she is learning that giving to others means having less for you.  And she still wants to do it.

She loves her little brothers.  I know they drive her nuts sometimes, but she loves them.  She is protective of them and she helps them learn.

She already loves reading, writing, and stories.  Makes me happy.

She is really smart.  I am not sure she knows how smart she is.  I like that.

She is a good athlete.  It will be hard for her to narrow down her sports some day.  But being a good athlete is not why I love her.  Not even why I am proud of her.  It is because she tries hard, she listens to her coaches, she is a good sport, and she plays with intensity.  And when it is over, she is friends with the other team.

She is a natural runner.  I just like that.  Love watching her run.

She loves God and is quickly learning what that means in how to live each day.  Her heart gets it and I love watching her process how to live up to her heart.

It is easy for me to forget she is only 9.  And that makes me proud.

So Anna... I love you.  I am proud of the smarts and the sports.  But it makes me happy to see your faith growing.  Keep loving God, Jesus, your family, and the people in this world that need Jesus.

God is going to do amazing things thru you.  I can't wait to see it.

I am blessed to be your Pops.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?