Thursday, September 11, 2014

 

And today is my birthday...

No I am not going to talk about why I love me am proud of me.  But I thought I would share a few reflections.

I am 63.  It sounds old when I see it or when I hear it spoken.  But I don't feel any different.  I just don't think much about growing old.  I just figure God is in charge and till he takes me home he has a job for me to do here.

I thought about what I did this last week when I was 62 and what my first week of 63 looks like.

A couple of sessions with people wanting to know about Jesus:  one teenager, one grandmother.  Spent time talking to a couple of brothers in my flock who are battling their demons.  Fighting the fight.  Looking for help and strength.  Seeing someone who made it.  Did the same thing with another brother from a different city.  Preached last night at my home church.  Spent last weekend in New York equipping and motivating people to talk about Jesus.  Will do the same this weekend in Tennessee.

Took Marsha's Dad to the Dr.  Visited with her Mom.  Talked to my Mom.  Heard from all the kids and grands wishing me happy birthday.  Jogged this morning at 5:30.  Marsha and I will get to hang out together this weekend and for a couple of days after.

Wrote.  Did lesson and sermon prep.  Worked on material for Summit at ACU.

Played with the dogs.  Think I'll get to squeeze in a dove hunt next week.  Gonna work at the farm.

And you know what?  I am a blessed man.  Doing what I love with people I love.

Been a hard road sometimes.  But the end destination is wonderful.

Not sure I'd change much about my life.  God can if he wants.  But for today, I am happy and blessed.

Happy birthday to me.

Thanks God.  

Comments:
I guess it is not to early to ask Marsha "will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four"?
Love and best wishes to you both, and HB 63!!
 
Happy birthday Stevie Wonder! You'll always be one of my spiritual heroes!!
Love you brother,
Richard Blaisdell
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?