Tuesday, November 18, 2014

 

Andrew is 7 tomorrow

My grandson, Andrew Joel Ridgell, turns 7 tomorrow.  But since I will be on my way to Honduras I thought I would share today why I love him and am so proud of him.

He loves life.  He has fun.  He laughs.  He enjoys whatever is going on.

He loves people.  He loves his family.  He loves his friends. He loves the children his family supports.

He is deeply and passionately in love with God and Jesus.  Loves reading and memorizing Bible verses.  Loves praise singing.  Would do anything God called him to do.  No matter the cost.

He loves to wake up early and have special time with Pops.  I love it.  When I am at their house, he wakes up at 6:30 or 7 so we can hang out together.

Loves to fish.  Loves sports.  Good at both.

This past weekend I heard him quote Joshua 1:9 to Mimi.  That was our memory verse from 2013.  I heard him cheering on his sister at her softball game.  Encouraging her.

He already prays with absolute faith.  His prayers are thoughtful, deep, and sincere.

I do not know what the future holds for Andrew.  But I do know this.  God is going to do amazing things in him and through him.

God, let Andrew keep the pure heart, the faith, the joy, and the love he has for you.  Protect him from the evil one and do great things for the Kingdom thru him.

Andrew, Pops loves you and is so proud of you.  Love fishing with you, playing catch with you, telling stories together, and praying together.

You make me happy.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?