Tuesday, November 04, 2014

 

Some days it is good to be a shepherd...

The last 24 hours have reminded me why being an elder is just fun some days.

Sat with a group of brothers committed to helping one of them battle his addiction.  Confession, tears, prayer, love, forgiveness.  God words spoken into a life.

Heard today that someone I shared Jesus with almost 2 years ago is now thinking seriously about becoming a Christian.

Working with a sweet couple in trouble.  He now wants to come home and she wants him to.

Had a funeral for one of our sweet saints.  Lost her husband three years ago.  I think she was ready to go home.  It was sweet.  Added bonus:  my son-in-law was one of the Pallbearers.

Lunch with two of my fellow elders.  Reminded what good men they are and much they love their flock.

Sometimes I think God just knows you need to hear that He still moves mountains in the lives of his people.

So to all my fellow elders, shepherds, pastors:  what you do matters.  Lives change.  Souls are saved.  Work hard, love lots, share Jesus, speak God words, put your life into your flock.

And smile at the happy days.

Thank you God for taking a day when I was tired and struggling and reminding me of what you are doing.

Go God.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?