Tuesday, December 02, 2014

 

Mom's Birthday...

My Mom, Juanita Ridgell, had her 84th birthday on Thanksgiving Day.  Yes I do know you are not supposed to mention a woman's age.  But in Mam-ma's case she has earned the right to celebrate every one of those years.  And here is why I love her and am proud of her.

I will be forever grateful for the way she took care of my Dad for all those years he had Alzheimers.  She did not complain.  She gave up her life, her time, her needs. She did it because she loved Jesus and she loved her husband.  For better or worse.  In sickness and in health.  Living example.  I don't know who in our family will travel that same road, but some of us will.  And she showed us how.

She wears her grief well.  She misses my Dad.  He's been home in heaven for several months now and it is still hard.  But she lives.  I admire the way she has rebuilt her life.  She is active in church.  Volunteers in the clothing room.  Visits shut-ins and the sick.  Gives advice and counsel to others traveling the same road.

Still talks to her friends and family about following Jesus.  Love that.

Refuses to give in to fear.  It is hard for a widow.  What about finances?  The future?  Her own health?  But she trusts God and she knows everything will work out in the end.

So I am thankful for her example.  I am thankful her church has a I Timothy widow working among them.  I am thankful she lives her faith.  I am thankful she is a role model for the generations behind her.

So Mom, I'm proud of you.

I love you.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?