Tuesday, January 27, 2015

 

I'm was ticked off today...but not anymore

OK.  Today is a day for honesty.  Everything I tried to blog about today came across as harsh, petty, or unkind.  My sarcasm button was working overtime.  I really wanted to "strike back" at some things I have been seeing, hearing, and reading.

So I am not going to talk about any of the things I had planned.

But I do think I will share the things that tick me off today.  Not the who, or even the topic, but the attitude.

Frustrated that people keep quoting God when God is silent.

Tired of the implication that I am not smart enough to understand how clear God is (in their minds) on certain topics.

Not very appreciative of those who let me know I just don't "get it" so I am really not "in the know" spiritually.

Tired of people saying how much they love the church before they rip into it.

Not happy about people taking shots at fellow Christians without talking to them personally.

Blah...blah...blah.

Poor me.  Feelings hurt.  Can't sit at the big boy table. Nobody likes me so I'm going out in the garden and eat worms.

Boo hoo.  Cry me a river.

Accidentally found my notes on Elijah when he was whining to God.  Wish I hadn't.  Kind of a slap in the face from God's Word.  He does that sometimes.

Changed my prayer.  Now asking God that I not be one of those who frustrates/ticks off/hurts others.

Read Luke 9:23, Galatians 2:20, and Romans 6:3-5.  You know, all those passages about dying to self, being crucified so I no longer live, dying with Christ and raised to new life,...

So putting on happy heart (just putting on happy face is just faking it).  Happy heart.  Really.

Remembering what matters.  For me today, that is God, family, and telling lost people about Jesus.

Focus on God and lost people.  Quit reading brotherhood/preacher ... stuff (had other words here but deleted them -- and I should have).

By the way, these other things may be worth talking about.  But not for me.  Not today.

OK.  This was too real.  Thought about not posting.

But maybe it's OK.  I feel better.  Back to the real me.  Happy and taking about Jesus.

And I am guessing that is the Holy Spirit, not a blog post.

So I'm sorry God.  Thanks for letting me vent.  Thanks for answering me.  Getting back into your Kingdom business now.

:)  :)  :)  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?