Tuesday, February 03, 2015

 

Men, baseball, hospitals, preaching.. and lessons learned

Random thoughts from the past two weeks.

I went to a Men's Conference at The Hills church of Christ a couple of weeks ago.  Then got to see my grandson Andrew try out for baseball.  Spent last weekend down in Del Rio talking about sharing Jesus.  And last night stayed with my father-in-law in the hospital after he had a Pacemaker/Defibrillator put in.

Here are things that are sticking with me from these events.

I love generational Christianity.  Fathers and sons at conferences, father/son elders, older men teaching the younger, mentoring.  Gives great hope for the future.

It may be that the best thing you can do to stay faithful to Jesus is to surround yourself with close friends who are also passionate disciples.  Band of brothers.

Churches that share the Jesus story will grow.  Churches that focus on keeping their own will die.

Why does everyone think I am Grandpa's son and not his son-in-law.  He is short, bald, talks to everyone, and never met a stranger.  I don't get it.  :)

I love it when hospital staff join your prayer circle.

You never go wrong praying for someone.

There is something amazing about watching grown kids interact with their grandparents.  Special bonds.  Family.

Watching my son play catch with his son makes my heart happy.

Taking care of your parents is ministry.  Real ministry born out of love for God and love for them.

I married really, really, well.

Thanks God for lessons learned in the middle of life, ministry, and worship.




Comments:
Always good to read you blog and warms my heart to see Joe Don as a daddy and Julie as a mommy. Sweet family. Always an encouragement.
 
momof4. Thanks. I am blessed to be their Dad. God is good.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?