Friday, February 06, 2015

 

What you want your marriage to look like...

If they make it a few more weeks, they will have been married 70 years.  I'll have more to say about them then, but I wanted to say a couple of words about Marsha's folks, Don and Jean Herttenberger.  Grandpa just got out of the hospital after having a pacemaker installed.  Granny is battling bed sore issues.  He had to stay a couple of nights more than planned.

So when we got him home, I had to roll him over to Granny so they could share a kiss.

It hasn't always been easy, but I think I have figured out how they made it.

They go to church.  Raised their kids in church.

They pray.  They read their Bible.

They don't quit.  I think they probably could have several times.  But they didn't.

They say "I love you" lots.

They still kiss.

I love them.

So glad Marsha and I have their example.  And my kids.  And now their kids.

Thank you God for Granny and Grandpa.  And for their love for you and each other.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?