Tuesday, April 21, 2015

 

Nettie Blaisdell is 100 years old...

I think she is the only person I know who is 100 years old.  In fact, I have only known one other person in my whole life who was 100.  My wife's maternal grandfather lived to be almost 103.  I think that is an incredible milestone.  But turning 100 is not what makes Nettie Blaisdell amazing.  Here are some things that do.

She has an amazing family heritage of faith.  She and Walter raised two faithful children.  Nettie has a host of faithful grandkids and even great-grandkids.  She has a right to be proud of her legacy.

I have known her for 63 years.  Yep... all of my life.  Her son Richard has been one of my best friends for as long as I can remember.  Which means she helped raise me too.  I can't count the number of meals eaten, nights spent, and fun times at the Blaisdell house.  Football games, baseball cards, church... she was there through it all.

She still teaches the Cradle Roll at church.  Awesome.  Those babies are loved and inoculated with the love of Jesus because of her.

She is quiet, humble, and would never think she has, or is, doing anything special.

She is wrong.  Her example of faithfulness is an incredible witness.  Her family is her testimony.  The number of lives changed for Jesus by her son Richard cannot be counted.

And there is a piece of Nettie Blaisdell in my ministry.  Because she loved me.   She treated me just like another one of her kids.  She believed in me.

She is a quiet, unsung woman who is one of God's great heroes.

100.  Amazing.

Her faith life.  Even more amazing.

Thank you God for servants like Nettie Blaisdell.  Thanks for men like Richard who make a difference for your Kingdom.  And thanks for letting me be part of their family.



Comments:
Steve, Thanks so much for the great tribute to my Mom! She loves you a lot and is very proud of you. What a blessing that she's still in great health and strong of mind. Still reads her Bible daily and asks me hard questions. Still growing. We were both unbelievably blessed to have the wonderful parents God gave us! I love you brother and am so thankful for the treasure you are to God's kingdom!
Met some friends of your mom from Sulpher Springs at a wedding the other day. Said she was doing great and about to go on a trip with some friends to New York! Good for her! Hope it's a great trip!
Richard
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?