Tuesday, April 07, 2015

 

Why I love my wife and am proud of her

Yesterday Marsha turned 62.  Yeah I told her age.  She doesn't care -- and I love that about her.  Of course, when you do not look your age it is nice to announce it so everyone is amazed.  So here is my birthday tribute.  why I love her and am proud of her.

I tell my grands all the time there are four things they want in a husband or wife.  their Mimi is a good example of why.

She loves God and Jesus.  Loves them more than she loves me.  That love is what drives her to take care of her parents. It is why we have stayed married for almost 42 years.  It is why I am an elder (in fact, having her as an elder's wife is probably the main reason I'm an elder).  She buys in to giving our lives to people.  Loving God is why we have people in our home, why we share our time and resources with those in need.  It is why people seek her out for advice and a loving ear.  Loving ear, not just listening ear.  Loving God is why she teaches Bible class and why we serve as mentoring couples.  It is why we share Jesus.

She loves me.  I am thankful for that every day.  She is a stay-er.  And a keeper.  When times get hard, she is someone to count on.  Even when I am not always lovable, she loves me.

She loves babies and kids.  At this stage of her life, that means her grands.  They are so blessed to have a Mimi that loves them, supports them, hugs them, does an incredible cousin camp, and that makes the best Easter/birthday/back to school, July 4, well... just about any special day... baskets and goody sacks.  They know that she unconditionally loves them.  And of course that love spills over onto lots of other kids.

She loves dogs.  Some people wonder about this one, but I believe that dog lovers are good people.  And Mimi is.  She is just of those genuinely sweet, good people.  She prays for people.  She checks on people.  She serves people.  That is because she is a good person.  I know that when I saw she loved dogs.  Still does by the way.

Loves God, loves me, loves babies, loves dogs.  That is the kind of person I want my grands to marry.  I guess that is because that is the kind of person I married.

Second best decision I ever made.  Picking Jesus was the best.  Picking Marsha was the second.

And making those two decisions has made everything else OK.

So thanks God for the wife, daughter, Mom, Mimi and friend that Marsha is to so many.

Love her and am so proud she is mine.

I am a happy man.


Comments:
Beautiful tribute to your special girl. Best wishes everyday to a wonderful christian woman.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?