Tuesday, May 26, 2015

 

Of course it is raining in West Texas

Well, more than just raining... it is really, really, really raining.   In West Texas.  And I am amused by some of the things I am hearing.  I actually hear some people complaining about the rain.  We live in WEST TEXAS.  Never, ever, complain about rain.

I hear people wondering if it will ever stop.  Yes it will.  God promised he would not destroy the world again by flood, so...

Mosquitoes are everywhere, ant beds are all over the yard, and snakes come out with this much water.  That's true.  And when it is too dry, skunks and possums, and raccoons show up in backyards looking for water.  Every action has a reaction.  I'll take my chances with all the above to have water.

Some are upset because the rain keeps them from "doing anything."  OK... time to read a book, read your Bible, have a conversation, cook a meal.  Enjoy slowing down some.

But here is the one that amazes me the most.

"I can't believe it is raining so much."

Or,

"Where did all this rain come from?"

I know the answer.

It came from God.

Lots of us Christians in West Texas have prayed fervently for God to send rain to break the drought out here.

And He did.

We asked and he gave,

We Christians are not surprised at all.

So we give Him the credit and glory.

And if we have another drought, we will still praise Him and give Him the glory.

After all, it is His world and we are His people.  We ask in faith and He answers in the way that is best.

It reminds us all how much we depend on God for everything.

But I just want to say thanks God.  We needed rain and you are sending it.  Powerful, life sustaining water.

Thanks.  


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?