Thursday, May 14, 2015

 

God and Tony are doing work in Cuba


Tony Fernandez works for Hope for Life/Herald of Truth in Cuba.  One of his main responsibilities is to coordinate the Cuban follow-up to Tim Archer's radio programs.  Tim got this message from Tony last night.

"I'm getting letters by the ton and people calling on the phone asking for Bible studies. This is taking on dramatic dimensions. I'll be working late into the night tonight for we've had many requests this week. I've started taking the packages to 3 different post offices since they need time to process the packages; this way they get out fast...er. Finding stamps and envelopes is driving me crazy. There aren't enough and sometimes I have to drive to other provinces to get some after I've bought all they have here.
I'm just asking for prayers. I've been doing this for 20 years and know that the Lord always provides."

I love to hear what God is doing around the world.  One reason I blog is to share my thoughts obviously, but also to let you know when God has done an amazing thing.

He is doing something amazing in Cuba.

So take a moment and pray for Cuba.  Pray for the people that hear Tim's program.  It is not an easy thing just to send a letter there.  And they are getting hundreds of letters weekly.

Pray the Tony can find the envelopes and the stamps to respond to all of these.

Pray for those these contacts.  Tony will follow-up in person with many of these who want more study or to become Christians.  Pray for the Christians in Cuba that Tony will contact to help with the follow-up.

Pray for energy for Tony and his team.  Passionate to reach people with the story of Jesus.

Pray for God to give the increase.  Many of these will become Christians and for many of them, they will be the first Christians in their village.

And Tony and your Cuban brothers and sisters will want to know what they need to pray for as we face obstacles in telling people about Jesus.

What do I tell them?

God, thanks for Tony and for your people in Cuba.  Give them what they need to share the story of your Son in Cuba.  And thank you for letting them inspire me to keep doing the same in my part of the world.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?