Tuesday, June 30, 2015

 

Joe Don's birthday tribute

My son Joe Don had a birthday yesterday.  So as is my tradition... here is why I love him and am proud of him.

He is a man of God.  Every father and son talk about things and give advice -- tho I notice that more and more I am the one asking for advice -- and we do too.  Every time, JD asks the God questions.  What honors God, what would Jesus do, what is the thing to do that loves God and loves my neighbor.

He shares his faith.  He talks with people about Jesus.  He encourages Christians, he engages non-Christians, and he does both with love and integrity.

He is a great husband.  He is still deeply in love with Jamie.  Still enjoys being with her.  Makes her more important than anything in his life except Jesus.

Great Dad.  Anna is going to know what a Christian husband looks like.  She knows she is loved and valued.  Andrew and Austin see every day what a Christian man looks like.  Strong, firm, gentle, loving, and fun.

I already see a lot of JD in his boys.  And that is a good thing.

Work is not his life.  He is successful and evidently a really good lawyer.  But that is not his identity.

He still loves life.  I have always loved that about JD.  Hanging out with him is fun.  His nephews and nieces adore him and love it when he is around to mess with them.

He is a good friend.  For as long as I can remember, people have told me how much they appreciate his friendship and  how he has made a difference in their life.

He is not perfect.  I love that about him too.  He is real.  He is transparent, and he is genuine.

So I look forward to watching what God does with Joe Don and his family.

It will be amazing.

So thanks God for blessing me with a son like JD.  Bless his family.  Give him many years to do Kingdom business in this world.  Keep molding him into the image of your Son.





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?