Thursday, August 06, 2015

 

Anna Claire is 10

OK, this is a big one for Marsha and I.  Our granddaughter, Anna Claire Ridgell, has turned 10.  So to remind her how special she is and how much she is loved... here is my tribute to Anna.

She and Mimi have a special bond.  It is not unusual for her to run right by me to hug her Mimi.

But she loves me too.  She will always come back and hug her Pops too.

She loves her family.  Her Mom and Dad, her brothers, her Aunts and Uncles, and her cousins.  She values family and it shows.

She is a really good athlete.  She is a good basketball and softball player.  And I think she is a natural runner.  It makes going to see her play so much more fun.  We would watch if she was not very good, but it is more fun.

I love to watch her praise God in worship.  She really loves to sing.  Makes my heart happy.

She is smart.  Likes to read.  Is already a talented writer.

She never seems worried about what comes next.  Not in school, or when in a strange place, or somewhere not familiar.  She may worry but it doesn't show.  She is secure in who she is.

She loves studying the Bible.  Memorizes Scripture.  Talks about God.

She has lots of friends.

She is a good role model for our other 4 grands.  

But here is why I am most proud of Anna.  And why I am so glad she is mine.

She really loves God and Jesus.  I love to hear her pray.  That singing comes from her heart.  She memorizes those Scriptures because it matters to her what God says.  She is not afraid to talk about God.  She wants to help others.

So God... thanks for Anna Claire.  I am thankful that her Mom and Dad are raising her to love You, but I am also thankful that she wants to love You.  Do amazing Kingdom things with her.  I look forward to seeing them.  

So go Anna.  Keep it up and you have made me so happy and proud to be your Pops.

P. S.  It's still OK if you hug Mimi first.  :)





Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?