Thursday, September 24, 2015

 

Yes I Had a Birthday

I turned 64 back on September 11.  I always talk about my family members on their birthday so I thought I would share a few of my thoughts on turning 64.

No Beatle references.  Marsha still loves me and needs me.  And I love and need her.  Even when I am 64. Besides, I was more of a Creedence or Stones kind of guy.

If most people live to 80 and life was like a football game, I would be early in the 4th Quarter.

People always want to know what you would change if you could start all over.  Obviously, I wish I had not sinned but I am not Jesus and I am forgiven, so...

And I just don't dwell on the past.  Never have seen the point.  Not ever going to live in the past.

I am doing exactly what I want to do in life and what I think God made me to do.

Still healthy as far as I know.

Blessed way beyond what I could ever have imagined.

Don't really see much I would change about my life or my future.

Being Pops to my five grands is the best.

Proud of my kids.

Still in love with Mimi Marsha.

If I knew I was dying tomorrow I don't think I would do anything differently than I am going to do anyway.

I do notice that what I think is really important is a shorter list as I get older.  Faith and family.  That is pretty much it for me.

But I am more fanatical about sharing Jesus every year that passes.  Maybe it is because I sense that time is running out.  Or maybe I am just focusing on what is important.

I like where my life is.  Happy.

So thanks God.  I know I will see you sooner than later but I promise to finish strong.  And I do know you have blessed me so far beyond what I could ask or imagine.  love you.


Comments:
Time is always running out and it is never closer or further than the next breath.

I asked myself after reading your post am I more of a christion today than I was when I accepted christ? That event brought focus to my life, a realization of constant forgiveness upon request, and as such I understand age has no bearing on what time is alloted me. I think Happy is a good discription for a christian.

Your comments always make me think----
 
In reaction to your comments regarding aging, I could not help but draw comparisons of the elder gentleman who is the Pope, as I thought of your birthday post.

As I watched the events of Pope Francis visit to the United States, I like everyone else was struck with the hunger the crowds exibited for a leader that walks in their shoes, understands the pain of living, and more importantly shows humility.
I could not help but draw upon the comparison of the readings of the new testament of the crowds following Jesus.

Faith,family--all faiths,all families? The crowds who followed and waited hours for Pope Francis were composed of different faith's, but the same comments were heard many times over those being: he is humble, he left a peaceful feeling among the crowd, and he understands pain and suffering.

As a christian those same comments should be said of all of us. The one thing that stood out to me in addition to the above comments was that this humble man was present, in the moment, understanding that is all each of us has, and as such his happiness was real.

As I compare those views, and listened to his mass yesterday, along with the comments that have been shared of this man, I ask myself is he fanatic in sharing the gospel? Is enthusiasm (fanatical)in regards to your faith at any time in life, old age or a young christian necessary?

What were the crowds looking for that followed Jesus, and Pope Francis?











 
Happy Birthday Steve! You'll always be one of my heroes and major influences for good! God bless you and all your family brother!!
Love, Richard
 
Eloise -- you are always such a deep thinker. I have noticed as I get older that more and more I want to live in the moment and touch lives in real and practical ways for Jesus. Blessings on you and yours.

Richard -- the person I most want to be like. Always have loved and admired your faith and commitment. God did a great thing for both of us when he put us together in the old Trinity Heights nursery. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?