Tuesday, November 10, 2015

 

Thinking about heroes today

I have been reading a lot on social media today about heroes.  It got me to thinking about some of my heroes.

My heroes are Christians.  Kingdom people.  They are the ones I want to be like, the ones I want my kids to be, and the ones I want my grandkids to grow up watching.

Here are some...

The couples who have been married 50, 60, and 70 years and still love each other.  Living witness.

The mate who loving cares for their spouse who is suffering from debilitating illness:  cancer, Alzhiemer's, strokes.

Single Moms.

Foster parents and couples who adopt.

Those who buy a cup of coffee for a friend and share the story of Jesus.

Those who fight their addictions.  Who are sorry when they fail, who do something about it, and who will never quit trying to be more like Jesus and less like their old self.

Kingdom soldiers.  Those who go where the enemy is strong and share the story of Jesus.  In their neighborhood, among their friends, where they work and go to school.

Those who care enough to ask what they can do to help... and then do it.

Prayer warriors.

Nurses, Doctors, teachers, preachers, and counselors who see their professions as doing the work of Jesus.

Plumbers, roofers, farmers, salesmen, and janitors who are truly vocational ministers.

Bible class teachers.

Elders and their wives.

Those who by faith risk their lives every day for the Kingdom.

Those who die for their faith.

My heroes.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?