Tuesday, December 29, 2015

 

My One Thing in 2016

My New Year's Resolution this year is a three for one.  I stole it from Paul (Philippians 3:13-14) and if you were at Southern Hills last Sunday you have heard about it.

Paul says that is going to do one thing:  Forget the past, focus on heaven, and keep pressing on till he gets there.  And all of these are wrapped up in Jesus.

So here are my suggestions for 2016.

Make your past your past.  If there are things in your life that you need to deal with... then do so.  Repent, confess, and change your story.  Jesus can change you.  Let him.

Get past your past.  Who you were does not define who you are.  Jesus not only forgives you but he restores you.  He is powerful enough to deal with the consequences of your sin.  Trust him.

Focus on the goal.  This world is not our home.  Pain, sin, tragedy, death, and disaster are what the world offers.  Some day we will see God face to face and he will wipe away our tears and there will be no more pain, death, sin, and darkness.

So keep on till then.  Do not quit.  You do not have to make the journey alone.  God is with us.  Jesus is at the right hand of God waiting for us.  The Holy Spirit lives in you.  All those who died believing are surrounding you.  We are in this together.

And as for me...

I don't want to be selfish with good news.  I want to tell all I can about Jesus.  God does not count my sins against me and he makes that same deal available to everyone.  I want them to know how much God loves them.

So that's the goal for 2016.  Let go of the past, focus on where I am going, don't quit till I get there, and take as many people with me as I can.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?