Wednesday, January 06, 2016

 

Thinking about 2016 Commitments

I have a great job with Hope for Life.  I spend most of my time either talking to non-believers about Jesus or motivating and equipping Christians to share their faith.  But it is important to me that I practice what I preach.  I believe that I am called by God to partner with him in sharing the message that God in Christ is reconciling the world to himself -- that he does not count men's sins against  them.  That is great news that I am compelled to share with those that do not know.  And then to beg them to believe that message.  And I believe that I must do that in my world just like I inspire others to do that in their world.

So Marsha and I are constantly seeking those with whom we can share Jesus.  I want to encourage you to do the same.

There are currently four people I am committed to bring to Jesus this year.

One is the husband of one of our active members.  He is a good man but he has not decided to follow Jesus.  We are developing a relationship and I am praying for opportunities to talk about deciding to follow Jesus.

Another is a man who visited our church looking for financial assistance.  One of our members has been bringing him to church.  I want to hear his story and invite him into the story of Jesus.

Another commitment is to a couple that has come frequently to our Wednesday meetings.  We have visited about sharing Jesus stories and they have agreed to talk.  But we have not yet made it happen.

And my fourth commitment is to a man that I just met the last Sunday of the year.  His wife and kids come regularly and he came for the first time.  Happened to hear me preach and went out of his way to meet me.  Planning of getting to know him so I have credibility to visit about Jesus.

God will put more people into my life.  Some of these four above will be my brothers in the future.  Some may never decide to follow Jesus.

But I am committed to do all I can to share the story and to see them become a disciple of the one who died for them.

Praying, planning, and sharing.  Living, serving, speaking.

Because I believe it is not enough to want to fish for men.  I have to get out on the water and cast the bait.

So who are you committed to reach this year?

And what are you doing about it?

God give us eyes to see opportunities to share the good news of your Son.  Give us the right words to say and the right stories to share.  Then give us the courage to speak.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?