Friday, January 15, 2016

 

What are these seminars I do about sharing Jesus

I work for Hope for Life, a Herald of Truth Ministry.

It is a great job because what I do all day is talk about -- or write about -- Jesus.

One of the major things I do is go to churches and do seminars (usually on a Saturday and Sunday mornings) about how to share you faith using stories.  These seminars are designed to motivate, equip, and inspire Christians to engage with friends, family, coworkers, classmates, and neighbors in order to share Jesus.

Many of you have seen me post on FaceBook about going to churches and doing this.  And this is the same approach I use in my life with my friends.

The seminar is called Sharing Our Story and it is done is four sessions.

One:  why stories work.  We talk about why stories are natural and fit our culture.  And everyone can tell stories. We talk about how to use stories.

Session Two is about using stories to get hearts ready to hear the Jesus story.  How to answer questions about why if God is so good, then why is the world so bad.  Or, I just want to help people, but I don't want your rules and religion.  Or, if you really knew me -- or knew my past -- you would not be inviting me into your church.

Session Three is about sharing the real Jesus using stories from his life to show a Jesus who knows us and cares about us.  A Jesus who wants us to know him.  Stories about how that Jesus is still changing lives today.

Session Four: Stories that water and cultivate Jesus seeds planted in hearts.  Stories about people who decided to follow Jesus.  Stories about how it changed their lives.  In the first century and in this century.

We use stories from Scripture, from our community of faith, and from our own lives.  We show videos of people sharing their story.

I am not always sure what happens after I do these.  That is up to the people who were there.  But I do know they will leave the seminar wanting to share Jesus with others.  And they will believe they can.

And many of them do.  They do tell stories.  People do decide to follow Jesus.  Churches grow.  Just like God intended.

So if you are interested in knowing more, contact me.

I do have a great job.

Thanks God for letting me spend my life helping people know you and your son.  You get the glory.  So I am asking that you let me do this until the day you take me home.  And I am asking for opportunities for all us so that there will lots more with us living together with you forever. 




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?