Wednesday, March 09, 2016

 

Another precious baby in heaven... my great-nephew Easton Robert Hebert

Easton Robert Hebert was stillborn yesterday.  His Mom, Jenna Hebert, is my niece.
I like to think my Dad is rocking Easton in heaven, yet... sometimes there are just no words.  Only feelings. But there are some things I do think I know.  So here is a blog I actually wrote a few weeks ago for Hudson Wade, an 11 year old member of my church who died of Leukemia.  But it fits for Easton too.  And for our family.


Over the past few months and years, their have been so many parents I know who had to bury their kids.  Some from sickness and some from accidents.  Some saw it coming, others had no idea till the phone rang.  Some died in the womb, some were grown.  So I think on Hudson, Matt, Ashton, Scottie, Nick, Matt, Caleb, and Lane.  Now Easton.  And so many more.

I have prayed and cried.  I have preached many of the funerals.  Attended most of the others.  And now I am grieving again with my family.  But I am remembering that as believers we are hope grievers.

So I don't have the answers about death, God, prayer, and suffering.

But I do know some things to be true.

Here is what I know.

This world is a tough place.  Sickness, sin, pain, and death.  It is real and it touches all of us.

God is here in the midst of all of it.

This world is not our home.

God will be glorified.  We will praise him in the storm.

We do not grieve like those with no hope.  Because we believe.

We will see Easton around the throne of God someday.

I have to tell the world of our hope.

So they can know what we know.

In a broken world of death and pain...

Jesus rose from the grave.

We believe and because of that, we will see our babies, our sons and daughters, our children, again.

Until then, we cry, praise, and hang on to God and each other.

And wait for the Lord to take us home so we can all be together again.

And I know that I cannot fathom how you survive without Jesus.

So come quickly Lord.

Take us home.

Comments:
Steve, Thanks for your comforting and wise words! Don't think I've told you that we lost a grandson on Sep. 11, 2014. He lived 20 minutes. His name was Joel Stephen Herbold. Buried outside of Glen Rose. He wasn't named after you but I still thought of you that day. Still hurts, But God is good and I look forward to seeing Joel in heaven someday. His parents just had their third Feb. 24, Jase Stephen. That makes 8 living grandkids for us. What a joy! Keep up the good work brother!
Love in Christ, Richard Blaisdell
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?