Tuesday, April 05, 2016

 

My wife is having a birthday...



Marsha turns 63 tomorrow, April 6.  Here is why I love her and am proud of her.

She doesn't care if you know her age.  She is comfortable with who she is.  I guess it helps when you do not look -- or act -- your age.  But I love that does not have an age hang-up.

She is fanatical about following Jesus.  We are talking to a college girl tonight about following Jesus.  Marsha set it up.  Working with a couple tomorrow night.  Marsha stayed connected to the girl through thick and thin until they were ready to talk about Jesus.  She touches people for Jesus.  Teaches Bible class.  Hosts showers.  Prays.  And she is one of the really good people I know.  She would say that is because of Jesus.  She is right.

Great wife.  I cannot imagine where I would be without her.  She has been the calm in our storm for over 40 years.  She keeps me grounded and focused.  She reminds me what matters.  And she still laughs at my jokes.

Great Mom.  For Julie and Bobby.  For Joe Don and Jamie.  Prays for our kids.  Loves our kids.  Helps our kids.  Their biggest fan.  Speaks truth into their lives.

Awesome Mimi.  Cousin Camp every year is one of the all time great productions.  Family vacation is all her planning and execution.  She finds time for each one of our 5 grands.  She is fantastic about Christmas, b'days, Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Valentines, and every other special day imaginable.  Supports their school activities and sports.  Prays all the time for them.

Loving daughter.  She is amazing with her parents.  Patient, helpful, supportive, and does for them so much they cannot do for themselves.  She is a true daughter to my Mom.  Calls, helps out, gives advice.

Amazing friend.  She has adopted daughters everywhere.  She is always available to talk to, cry with, laugh with, and give Godly advice for more women than I can count.

So happy birthday Mimi.  We hit the jackpot with you.

God, we are so blessed by Mimi.  Thank you for the gift of her love.  And we know that her love is just a reflection of your love.  Give her many more years to be about your business.   

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?