Tuesday, June 28, 2016

 

Happy birthday to my son Joe Don



My son Joe Don turns 38 tomorrow.  Here are just a few of the reasons I love him and am proud of him.

He is is committed to following Jesus personally and to leading his family to be Jesus followers.  He leads by both words and example.

It is not just his family either.  He wants everyone to know Jesus.  He teaches Bible class, talks to friends, neighbors, and co-workers.

He loves his wife Jamie.  He works at being a good husband.

Great Dad.  His kids adore him.  Love to be with him.  Rush to mob him at the door when he comes home.

He gives good spiritual advice.  He encourages people.  He inspires them to live better as followers of Jesus.

He is -- and has always been -- a good son.  He was all boy growing up and he is not perfect... but there was never a day I was not proud to be his Dad.

I think every Dad wants his son to be a better man than he is.  It is a rare and precious gift to be able to look up to your son as an example of what a Christian man is.  I have that.

Every family has that person who is the spiritual leader and center.  Joe Don is that for our family.  And for our extended family also.

I do not know how long I will live and function as the Patriarch of our family.  But I do know when the time comes that I cannot then Joe Don will.

God's words to Jesus are a good blueprint for how I feel about my son.

Joe Don, I love you and am proud of you.  You are worth listening to.

So thanks God for JD.  You have done an amazing work in his life.  Bless him as he continues to do your kingdom work in his family and in his world.  

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?