Tuesday, July 19, 2016

 

Avery Grace is 9



Avery Grace, Julie's girl, turned 9 yesterday.  So here are just a few reasons I love her and am so proud of this granddaughter of mine.

She loves Jesus.  She reads the Bible, she prays, and she tries to live like Jesus.  She really is happy all the time.  Puts others first always.

She loves her family.  I watched her last night as she sang This is the Day with her Mom, her Mimi, and her Granny.  Granny, Marsha's Mom, is in Hospice but Avery comes to see her every day.  Holds her hand and talks to her.  Avery is learning about dying and going home to heaven.  She gets it.

She is a great friend and role model to little girls.  I watched her play with and keep the little sisters of Jakes's baseball buddies all summer.  Those little sisters love Avery.

Loves animals.  Not just all of ours but all animals.  She especially loves dogs.

She is my gardening buddy.  Waters our tomatoes and peppers.  Picks them for me.

She loves gymnastics.  Practices, watches it on TV, dreams of her next meet.  And is absolutely fearless.  And evidently she is really good.  Wins a lot of medals and competes against girls two and three years older.

I call her The Ave because she is so unique and special.  One of a kind.

So Avery, I love you and am proud of you.  You are beautiful, smart, and athletic.  But I am most proud of the way you love God and your family.  You make us all happy.

So thank you God for our Avery Grace.  Protect her from evil and continue to mold her into a follower of your Son.  I look forward to the amazing ways you will use her in your Kingdom. 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?