Monday, December 05, 2016

 

Andrew Joel Ridgell is 9

My grandson, Andrew Joel Ridgell, turned 9 a couple of weeks ago and here is why I love him so much and why I am so proud of him.

He loves Jesus.  Everything about Andrew starts with this fact.  It shows in everything he does.  I love to worship with him.  He sings with enthusiasm about Jesus.  I am humbled when I hear him pray.  When Marsha's Mom was in her final days, she always wanted Andrew to pray with her.  He wants everyone else to know Jesus.

He loves people.  Loves his family, dogs, friends, teammates.  Andrew loves everyone.

He is a smart guy and a very good athlete.  I love those things about him.  He likes to fish with Pops.  He will get up early to have special time with me.  Love those early morning talks and prayers.

It makes me proud to hear others talk about him.  Teachers, friends, extended family.  They all say the same things:  good kid, loves lots, very positive, helps others, athlete, Jesus follower.

God is going to to amazing things with -- and thru -- Andrew.  I cannot wait to see them.

So God thanks for my buddy Andrew.  It makes my heart full to be with him.  Protect him from the evil one.  Use him in powerful ways for your Kingdom.  Help me to keep learning from his example.  He always gives you credit for the good things -- so I will praise you for Andrew.  



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?