Thursday, December 08, 2016

 

My Mom, Juanita Ridgell, had a birthday recently



So Thanksgiving weekend my Mom turned 86.  Here are three reasons why I love her and am proud of her.

She took care of my Dad for several years when he had Alzheimers.  She kept him at home.  For the last year she basically had to feed him, clean him -- and clean up after him -- and dress him.  Day after day and year after year.  No complaining.  It was faithful ministry because she loved God and loved my Dad.  Great example of what faithfulness and love really mean.

She just moved to a independent living facility here in Abilene.  Moved from her home of the last 20 years in East Texas.  Made the decision herself.  Planned and executed the move herself.  Sold her house herself.  She got advice and help from my sister and me but mostly it was her.  She did not want to be one of those parents whose kids make her move someday.  Independent.

She wants to make a Kingdom difference.  No slowing up for Jesus because of age.  One of her biggest worries about the move was finding ministry opportunities.  One of the things I love about her is she asks my advice about talking to her friends about Jesus.  Love that.

What a great role model for the women and girls in our family.

So God thanks for my Mom.  Thanks for her example of faith as your follower.  Keep giving her Kingdom opportunities for the rest of her days. 

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?