Thursday, June 01, 2017

 

My girl Jules had a birthday today


So my daughter, Julie Gilbreth, turned 41 today.  Hard to believe.  But I love her just as much as I did the day she was born.  And I continue to be very proud of her.  Here are just a few reasons why.

She loves the Lord and she fights for her faith.  Sometimes life is hard.  Jules knows that.  Sickness, relationships, finances.  It is a hard world.  I admire the way she never -- never -- gives up.  She hangs on to Jesus and keeps putting one foot in front of the other.  That is living faith.

She loves her two kids.  Jake and Avery are precious to her (and of course to us).  She loves them, disciplines them, laughs with them, and points them to Jesus.  

They have fun.  How can you not love a Mom who has spontaneous dance parties in the car?  She has made a home where Jake and Ave's friends want to hang out.  Her friends too. 

She loves animals.  She has always brought home every stray she ever saw.  Still does.  Tries to save them all.  Come to think about it -- she does that with people too.

She loves her parents, her brother and his crew, and she adored her Pap, Granny, and Grandpa.  Loves her Mam-ma and her Aunt Phyl.  It is a big, extended family and she loves them all.

She has a heart for those for whom life is tough.  She helps.

She points people to Jesus.  She listens to people, shares her story with them, and tells them Jesus can help.  Lots of people are believers because she shared her faith.  Still does.

I have learned a lot about faithfulness from my girl.  Mostly I have learned that sometimes faith is often a determination to never quit.  No matter what.

So I love you Jules.  You have blessed me way beyond what I could ever do for you and I am thankful.

So God I thank you for giving us our Julie.  You have made her into a great Mom and daughter.  She helps people find you.  Keep taking care of her and her kids.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?