Thursday, June 29, 2017

 

My son Joe Don turned 39 today


Today is my son's 39th birthday.  He knows I love him and am proud of him, but here are just a few of the reasons why.

He is a passionate follower of Jesus.  He does not just talk about it -- he lives it.  He gives solid spiritual advice.  He reads, studies, and prays.  He serves and he has Jesus conversations with friends and co-workers.

He is a great Dad.  He loves his kids and spends a lot of time with them.  I watch them sometimes when he comes home from work.  They are all over him and he gives each of them attention and time.

And a great husband.  He really loves Jamie.  He works to let her know it too.  Does home projects.  Spends time with her.

Great role model for lots of other kids.  I have watched him with his sister's kids.  I have watched him with his friends's kids.  I have seen him make a lot of kids feel special and loved.

He is fun, funny, smart, verbal, and a natural leader.

I think I am most proud that when people follow him -- and they do -- they end up at the cross.

So God, thanks for JD.  You are doing a great work in him and in his family.  Keep using him -- and them -- to make Kingdom difference in this world.  Thanks for letting me be his Dad.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?