Tuesday, November 21, 2017

 

Andrew Joel Ridgell turned 10

My grandson, Andrew, turned 10 last Sunday.  So as I always do, here are a few of the reasons I love him and am so proud of him.

Many of you know that Andrew had a pool accident last summer that left him with double vision for several months.  I know that it was scary and frustrating.  I watched him support his baseball team (that he couldn't play for), watched him shoot baskets with his cousins (even tho he had to turn his head sideways), and watched him go to movies, read with one eye, and have to turn to really see you.

And I saw him worship.  He always said it would be OK.  He loved everyone, tried to make others feel good about his situation, and kept encouraging everyone else. 

His eyes healed and I marvel that he was the exact same person before, during, and after that trauma.

Andrew loves people.  He loves doing things with his parents, siblings, cousins, and grandparents.  He has lots of friends.  For his birthday, he invited the new kids at his school so they could feel a part  of the group.  He loves his Pops.  We have a real connection.  He makes me happy.

He loves sports and he loves to fish.  Oddly enough, so does his Dad.  And his Pops.  That sure lets us have a lot of fun together.

But most of all, Andrew loves God and Jesus.  He is a passionate, committed Christ follower.  He is generous, he treats others well, and he lives out his faith.

There has never been a day that I have not thanked God for letting me have the blessing of Andrew as my grandson, friend, and buddy.

So thanks Andrew for being you and for loving Pops.  You make me proud every day.  And I love you more than any words could ever express.

And thank you God for the gift of Andrew.  You have done amazing things in his life.  I cannot wait to see what you will do with him, and thru him, in the future.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?