Tuesday, November 07, 2017

 

I will not be afraid and other things I still believe...

Another Sunday and another church shooting.  And here are my thoughts and the things I am committed to be and do.

I will not be afraid.

I will be in church Sunday with my family.

I will welcome the stranger.

When I preach, I will not have a Bible in one hand and a gun in the other.

I will die for my faith.  I will not kill for my faith.

I will die for my flock.  I will not kill for my flock.

It will happen again.

This world is not my home.

I will not fear the one who can destroy the body.

I will do battle with the one who can destroy souls.

I will be courageous to tell others the good news of Jesus.

When I die, I want to die with the name of Jesus on my lips.

I will live forever.

I want my kids and my grands to live courageously.

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?