Friday, February 02, 2018

 

Go Eagles, the Super Bowl, Zach Ertz, and Jesus

I am a Dallas Cowboy fan.  I was not even going to watch the Super Bowl until I heard Zach Ertz, a Philadelphia tight end, talk about his faith.

I am now rooting hard for him to win so God use that as another platform for people to hear about Jesus.

Here are four things Zach has done to follow Jesus.

Commit his life to Jesus.  He was baptized last March right before his wedding.

Making disciples is his most important job.

He is leading his family as the head of his house.

He is staying in the Word.

So Dads, if you want your son to see what a real man is ... watch the Super Bowl this Sunday. 

A real man not because he is a professional football player.

A real man because he gave his life to Jesus, he leads his family spiritually, he stays in Scripture, and he makes other disciples.

That is what a Christian man looks like.

I don't know Zach Ertz personally.  All I know about him is what I heard in a two minute video.

But I am now one of his biggest fans.  And it really has nothing to do with football.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?