Thursday, May 24, 2018

 

Hard truths that I want me and my grands to live by...

Raising children in this world is scary.  Always has been.  Always will be. 

School shootings.  Pedophiles.  Drunk drivers.  Bullies.  Racists.  Gossips. 

Sinful actions normal.  Not just accepted, but promoted.  Standing for truth/Jesus will open them up to ridicule, abuse, and hate. 

I get asked a lot by parents how they should feel about things.  And what they should do.  What should they teach their children?

So here are things I believe to be true and righteous.  I want to live out these truths.  I tried to raise my kids to live these truths.  And I want my grands to live this way.

But I get how dangerous that is.  Risky.  Scary.  Much easier to talk about what we ought to do than to do it.  Much easier to huddle up in church and talk about courage and what ought to be done than to actually do it.

But here are the truths I want me and mine to live out.

This world is evil.  Most people we encounter are not Jesus followers.  People do bad things to others.  It is a fallen world.

This world is not our home.  We are not supposed to be at ease here.

Heaven is better and that is where we want to be. 

Death is real.  So is pain and sorrow. 

Jesus is the only answer.  He changes hearts and lives.

So talk about Jesus.  It will be hard, awkward, and you will have some who will hurt you for it.  But some will listen.  Some will come to Jesus.  You will change lives.

And that will change the world.

As Christians we have already died.  Baptism was our crucifixion.  Even death does not defeat us.

So do not be afraid or terrified.  Do not hide inside your house or your church.

Be courageous.  Get out in the world and be a Jesus follower. 

God you know that all this is easier said than done.  But you sent your Son into a hard world because he brought life.  Help me bless my grands to live and speak that message in a hard world.  Let them be warriors for you, not cowards.  And let them see me leading them.   

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?